Monday, May 16, 2011

My Makeup Story

♥  How old were you when you started wearing makeup? 
For a while I was very restricted. When I was eleven my mom started to let me wear some blush, clear mascara, lip gloss, and light eyeshadow. But as time went on I started to experiment with eyeliner and thickening mascara, and my parents said that it look way too dark, so they took all my makeup except for lip gloss away until about age thirteen. At that point I had learned how to do my makeup in a natural, pretty way that both me and my parents were happy with.

♥ How did you get into makeup? 
I would say from watching my mom putting her makeup on. She went to school for hair and beauty and helped run a makeup company, and I was pretty much surrounded with it all the time. Then I started to see celeberties in music videos and I just had to know how to do their makeup. So I watched tutorials and started grasping some techniques. 

♥ What are some of your favourite brands? 
Merle Norman, Maybelline, Wet n Wild, Bobbi Brown, Alamay 

 What does make-up mean to you? 
Hmm. I truly believe that makeup was first designed to enhance one's natural beauty. But then people started getting carried away! But I like to wear makeup to give me confidence when I go out.


I solely believe that prior to anyone getting involved with make up, one must deep down inside feel utterly comfortable with oneself and with who you are rather than using make-up to create an illusion of a person you wished to be. 


Although some may see this as being superficial and fake I see applying make up as part of being a girl and embracing one's femininity. In retrospect, during contemporary times, let say in the 1700's and 1800's females used to be raised being girly, wearing corsets, whitening their skins, wearing bright red lipsticks, powdering their faces, wearing blush and eyeliner, lotioning their bodies, wearing wigs, etc. 

 If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? 
Eyeliner, Mascara, Blush, Bronzer 

 What is your favourite thing about makeup? 
I love being able to change the look of my face just by using a couple simple techniques. I can do it to look like a celeb, I can do it for a "date" night out, or I can do it like a cheerleader. It's fun to experiment.

 What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup? 
Well, drug store makeup is definately a lot more affordable. I will say that some of it is trashy and contains horrible chemicals, but others I figure work just as well as high end, including mascaras.

 What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 
Start off with drug store brands, and only buy makeup recommended from somebody experienced.
 What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
Vampire black lips and super pale skin... and different color lipstick and lipliner (makes you look like a chola) 

♥ What do you think of the Beauty Community on Youtube/Blogger? 
I've only spent about a year in this community. And I love going on youtube and watching all the beauty gurus do their makeup, and I love reading makeup and beauty blogs. I think, for the majority of the time, it's a pretty wholesome enviroment.

 Who is your style icon? 
I have a couple of style icons: 
Kim Kardashian
Blair Fowler
Elle Fowler
 Taylor Swift
Vanessa Hudgens
Mandy Moore 


Hope you all enjoyed!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment